Thursday, December 3, 2009

Pay It Forward - PIF on Etsy


I just found out about the neatest thing some Etsy sellers are doing, or I should say have been doing. This is the very first post in a Etsy Forum that has been circulating since 2006!
Someone did something really nice for a seller so she in turn did something really nice for me - not specifically, but I was lucky enough to find the gift in time :) Now, I will continue to 'pay it forward' by giving thishttp://www.etsy.com/view_item.php?listing_id=54628 item away - the $.10 is only so I could list it - it's totally free - no s&h. And remember, you have to pay it forward :) Jen
Etsy sellers are tagging these items PIF, so if you do a search of handmade items on Etsy, they come up.
Well, the Etsy listing fees have gone up since 2006. They are now 20 cents each time you list or renew an item, but that is still pretty inexpensive. The only other fee the buyer pays is shipping. The buyer is then encouraged to do a random act of kindness for someone else.
With the tough economy these days, I have decided that I, too, am going to participate in this neat promotion. The Fair Trade Kazuri Bead Chaplet above is my first listing.

3 comments:

prayer bedes said...

I just about forgot! If you are an Etsy seller and you purchase this chaplet, you are encouraged to list another PIF item yourself. =)

Catherine said...

So cool! Don't you just love PIF's!

Anonymous said...

I hadn't heard of this. What a great idea!