Friday, November 5, 2010

Handmade "Come, Holy Spirit" Decade Chaplet



The simple words “Come, Holy Spirit” have become one of my favorite prayers. There are so many times that I know I need the divine guidance of the Holy Spirit in my life.   The wonderful gifts I have been given–reverence, practice, wisdom, knowledge, understanding, courage, and strength (Isaiah 11:2-3)–are mine to be nurtured in the hope that they will bear the fruits of the Spirit found in Galatians 5:22-23–love, joy, peace, patience, endurance, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, humility, and self-control.
This chaplet is a wonderful reminder to pay attention to the guidance of the Holy Spirit, and to remember to nourish our gifts through prayer and the study of God’s Word.
On the medal are inscribed the words “Veni Creator Spiritus.”  In Latin, this means Come, Holy Spirit.
One of my favorite Georgian Chants is Veni Creator Spiritus.  Here is a wonderful sample of that beautiful hymn.



Translation can by found at http://www.preces-latinae.org/thesaurus/Hymni/VeniCreator.html

1 comment:

Sue said...

Hi. I love this. Have you heard the Taize community's chant "Veni Sancte Spiritus"? Same meaning...

I also love that prayer. Thanks for posting this. It's lovely.