Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Guild Members Unite!

Today I, Sarah of Clay Rosaries,  had the privilege of meeting and learning from Mary of Graceful Rosaries (on right with her son).   Mary contacted me shortly after I moved to Fredericksburg and said that she was also in the Etsy Rosary Guild and lived in Fredericksburg!  What a small world!  We've been wanting to meet up for sometime and finally got a chance to do it today.  Mary has seven children and home schools them all except for the high schoolers who now go to St. Micheal's Academy.  It's a wonder Mary has any time for making rosaries at all!  Mary taught me how to make the flex wire rosaries and I hope to incorporate these skills in my rosary making soon.  Mary also expressed interest in making clay rose beads so hopefully I get "pay" her back with a little lesson in clay bead making.  Mary is in the homeschooling coop that I am going to join next year, so I will be seeing more of her and her lovely family.

3 comments:

The Rosary Works said...

I think it's great that the two of you got to meet. Looks like there will be play days in the future not only for the young-uns but for the moms as well! :)

prayer bedes said...

How cool is that?! =) I wish we could all meet at some point!

Stephanie said...

I'm so jealous! I wish I could have joined you. And LOOK at those beautiful little babies!